Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
About | Research | Projects | Misc. | Blog
I am a researcher in computer science, interested in data structures, algorithms, combinatorics, and other related (and unrelated) topics. Since 2018 I work as an assistant professor at Freie Universität Berlin, in the Theoretical Computer Science group (semi-official page).
I obtained my PhD at Saarland University in Saarbrücken, Germany, where my advisor was Raimund Seidel. Afterwards I spent a year as a postdoc at Tel Aviv University, hosted by Haim Kaplan and Yossi Azar, and a year at TU Eindhoven, hosted by Nikhil Bansal. A long time ago I worked and/or studied at Helsinki University of Technology (later renamed Aalto University), and TU Cluj in Romania, where I'm actually from.
Below you can find links to my research work and some fun projects I work(ed) on.
(recent and representative work — here is a more complete list with summaries, slides, and other links)
- NEW: Exact exponential algorithms for two poset problems
Draft report, 2019.
- NEW: Finding and counting permutations via CSPs
with Benjamin Aram Berendsohn, Dániel Marx, IPEC 2019.
(Invited to Algorithmica special issue.)
- NEW: Hamiltonicity below Dirac's condition
with Bart Jansen, Jesper Nederlof, WG 2019.
- NEW: Time- and space-optimal algorithm for the many-visits TSP
with André Berger, Matthias Mnich, Roland Vincze, SODA 2019.
(Journal version: ACM TALG 2020.)
- NEW: Selection from heaps, row-sorted matrices and X + Y using soft heaps
with Haim Kaplan, Or Zamir, Uri Zwick, SOSA@SODA 2019.
- Improved bounds for multipass pairing heaps and path-balanced binary search trees
with Dani Dorfman, Haim Kaplan, Seth Pettie, Uri Zwick, ESA 2018.
- Smooth heaps and a dual view of self-adjusting data structures
with Thatchaphol Saranurak, STOC 2018.
(Journal version: SICOMP 2019, by invitation.)
- Maximum Scatter TSP in Doubling Metrics
with Tobias Mömke, SODA 2017.
- Binary search trees, rectangles and patterns, PhD thesis, Saarland University, 2016.
- Pattern-avoiding access in binary search trees
with Parinya Chalermsook, Mayank Goswami, Kurt Mehlhorn, Thatchaphol Saranurak, FOCS 2015.
- Shattering, Graph Orientations, and Connectivity
with Shay Moran, Electronic Journal of Combinatorics, Vol 20(3), 2013.
- Inequalities cheat sheet is a collection of important inequalities in mathematics.
- more publications ...
Books I've read
recently around 2015
mmvii-mmxx László Kozma < email@example.com >