Email address: Lkozma@gmail.com
About | Research | Projects | Misc. | Blog
I recently started as an assistant professor at Freie Universität Berlin, working in the Theoretical Computer Science group (semi-official page).
I am interested in data structures, algorithms, combinatorics, and other related (and unrelated) topics.
I obtained my PhD at Saarland University in Saarbrücken, Germany, where my advisor was Raimund Seidel. Afterwards I spent a year as a postdoc at Tel Aviv University, hosted by Haim Kaplan and Yossi Azar, and a year at TU Eindhoven, hosted by Nikhil Bansal. A long time ago I worked and/or studied at Helsinki University of Technology (currently called Aalto University), and TU Cluj in Romania, where I'm actually from.
Below you can find links to my research work and some fun projects I work(ed) on.
(recent and representative work — here is a more complete list with summaries, slides, and other links)
- NEW: Hamiltonicity below Dirac's condition
with Bart Jansen, Jesper Nederlof, In submission.
- NEW: Time- and space-optimal algorithm for the many-visits TSP
with André Berger, Matthias Mnich, Roland Vincze, SODA 2019.
- NEW: Selection from heaps, row-sorted matrices and X + Y using soft heaps
with Haim Kaplan, Or Zamir, Uri Zwick, SOSA 2019.
- NEW: Improved bounds for multipass pairing heaps and path-balanced binary search trees
with Dani Dorfman, Haim Kaplan, Seth Pettie, Uri Zwick, ESA 2018.
- NEW: Multi-finger binary search trees
with Parinya Chalermsook, Mayank Goswami, Kurt Mehlhorn, Thatchaphol Saranurak, ISAAC 2018.
- NEW: Smooth heaps and a dual view of self-adjusting data structures
with Thatchaphol Saranurak, STOC 2018.
(Invited to SICOMP special issue for STOC.)
- NEW: Pairing heaps: the forward variant
with Dani Dorfman, Haim Kaplan, Uri Zwick, MFCS 2018.
- Maximum Scatter TSP in Doubling Metrics
with Tobias Mömke, SODA 2017.
- Binary search trees, rectangles and patterns, PhD thesis, Saarland University, 2016.
- Pattern-avoiding access in binary search trees
with Parinya Chalermsook, Mayank Goswami, Kurt Mehlhorn, Thatchaphol Saranurak, FOCS 2015.
- Shattering, Graph Orientations, and Connectivity
with Shay Moran, Electronic Journal of Combinatorics, Vol 20(3), 2013.
- Inequalities cheat sheet is a collection of important inequalities in mathematics.
- more publications ...
- Random blog posts
- Links I found interesting or useful
- Have the same name?
- Some favorites:
"So any theorem that a human can prove is, ipso facto, utterly trivial." D Zeilberger, Opinion 36
"Man muss immer umkehren." CGJ Jacobi
"Everybody has plans until they get hit." M Tyson
"Understanding is a poor substitute for convexity." NN Taleb, Antifragile
"ügyeskedhet, nem fog a macska \ egyszerre kint s bent egeret" J A, Eszmélet
mmvii-mmxix László Kozma < Lkozma@gmail.com >