Email address: Lkozma@gmail.com
About | Research | Projects | Misc. | Blog
I am a researcher in computer science, working as a postdoc in the research group of Nikhil Bansal at TU Eindhoven (office: MetaForum bldg, Room 4.145). In the previous year, I was a postdoc at Tel Aviv University, hosted by Haim Kaplan and Yossi Azar. I obtained my PhD at Saarland University in Saarbrücken, Germany, where my advisor was Raimund Seidel. Earlier I worked and/or studied at Helsinki University of Technology (now Aalto), and TU Cluj in Romania, where I'm actually from.
I am interested in data structures, algorithms, combinatorics, and other related (and unrelated) topics.
Below you can find links to my research work and some fun projects I work(ed) on.
- NEW: Selection from heaps, row-sorted matrices and X + Y using soft heaps
with Haim Kaplan, Or Zamir, Uri Zwick, In submission.
- NEW: Multi-finger binary search trees
with Parinya Chalermsook, Mayank Goswami, Kurt Mehlhorn, Thatchaphol Saranurak, In submission.
- NEW: Smooth heaps and a dual view of self-adjusting data structures
with Thatchaphol Saranurak, STOC 2018.
- NEW: Pairing heaps: the forward variant
with Dani Dorfman, Haim Kaplan, Uri Zwick, In submission.
- Maximum Scatter TSP in Doubling Metrics
with Tobias Mömke, SODA 2017.
- Binary search trees, rectangles and patterns, PhD thesis, Saarland University, 2016.
- Hitting Set for hypergraphs of low VC-dimension
with Karl Bringmann, Shay Moran, N.S. Narayanaswamy, ESA 2016.
- Pattern-avoiding access in binary search trees
with Parinya Chalermsook, Mayank Goswami, Kurt Mehlhorn, Thatchaphol Saranurak, FOCS 2015.
- Shattering, Graph Orientations, and Connectivity
with Shay Moran, Electronic Journal of Combinatorics, Vol 20(3), 2013.
- Inequalities cheat sheet is a collection of important inequalities in mathematics.
- more publications ...
- Random blog posts
- Links I found interesting or useful
- Have the same name?
mmvii-mmxviii László Kozma < Lkozma@gmail.com >